Sunday, January 30

Today is the day!


        The day that I create my blog to accompany my passion for all things Pin-Up and Rockabilly. For the next 365 days I will share something I've created, captured or found.

         My love affair with Rockabilly began at the age of 6 with the movie Cry Baby, an obvious choice for a children's movie! I am sure we bought a copy of the movie only after I wore out the one from our little local Video store. 

          My love of Pin-Up art has been deeply ingrained in me by my mother, for as long as I can remember she has displayed a collection of Vagas Girls on her wall. These women always represented the epitome of strength, class and elegance in my mind. I now have two beautiful daughters of my own and I hope to raise them to the understanding that beauty has everything to do with these qualities. I also hope that by completely immersing myself in this beauty it will have an everlasting impression on my life. 


4 comments:

Nac Cole said...

rock it socket. im following

Pink Bayou said...

I am so excited to see what you do with your project and how it evolves over the next year! xoxo

Mara Lea said...

I thank you so much! I love your fish.

Pink Bayou said...

Thanks! :)